Our vision, values and aims are set in the context of the Integrated Children’s Services Improvement Plan and 'How good is our school?'
At Howdenburn Schoolhouse Support Centre our vision is to equip our students with the necessary skills to become as independent as possible and take an active part in their local community.
This vision is embodied in our school’s aims to:
- Provide each student with a relevant, individualised, motivating yet challenging curriculum which enables all students to develop their potential
- Provide a safe, caring, supportive learning environment, which meets the social, emotional and physical needs of all our students.
- Support students to move on successfully from school to further education or adult services.
- Promote and develop links within the local community, partner schools and other agencies to support the delivery of the curriculum.
- Work closely with students and their families to ensure a supportive and positive learning experience.
- Involve all staff and students in the commitment to self-evaluate and improve Howdenburn Schoolhouse
Our values guide the way we work. Together we will aim to enable each student to develop to the highest level of which he/she is capable, within a safe, secure and welcoming environment. We provide a holistic approach to ensure effective delivery of the 3-18 curriculum.
We strive to develop in our students, self confidence and the skills required for effective social interaction with others in the wider community both now and in future placements
Through their learning, our Students will increasingly become:
- Successful Learners
- Confident Individuals
- Responsible Citizens
- Effective Contributors
These visions, values and aims were updated during May 2011 in consultation with staff and partner schools.